Friday, December 27, 2013




In June of 2014, I will be riding my bicycle across the United States for a very special cause; I will be riding to raise dollars for Alzheimer’s research.  I have set a high goal for myself and need your help in achieving this goal. You are a very big part of making this possible.

Currently, more than 5 million Americans have Alzheimer's and that number is expected to grow to as many as 16 million by 2050. Our future is at risk unless we can find a way to change the course of this disease. Together we can make a difference and do our part to accelerate research and achieve a future without Alzheimer’s.

My journey will cover 13 states, 51 cities, and 3,845 miles. This journey will require a lot of time, training, and effort on my part. But all of the time, training, and effort, will certainly be worth it for this worthy cause. You will be able to follow my progress as I train and fundraise and then when my journey begins you can track my route each day of the ride across America on my blog site.

My challenge is small in comparison to the challenge that the family members of Alzheimer’s patients face day in and out. I am riding in support of my good friend, Bob, who is battling the disease and his wife Chris, who is his incredible caregiver.

You can support my efforts in two ways.  I need support in covering the cost of the ride and I want to raise $30,000 to support Alzheimer’s research.  You can donate by using your credit card, pay pal, or writing a check. All donations to the Alzheimer’s Association are tax deductible. Please help and donate as much as you can, and be part of this very special cause.  

Please visit my website at act.alz.org/goto/dansride
Thank you in advance for your generosity and support.  I look forward to the challenge that lies ahead. Together we will help make a difference; helping to get closer to creating a future world without Alzheimer’s.




1 comment:

  1. Go Dan! I'll be rooting for you! Your very old friend, Jeanne Sartorio (AKA Jeanne Oldknow)

    ReplyDelete